Welcome to my family blog! I am just a mom doing the best I can and enjoying every minute! Come along as I journey through my wonderful, simple, crazy life:)

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Get Pinspired!

Oh my Lord, it's already August! Phewsh, where has the summer gone!? For me, it means that there is only one month until Fall! Woohoo! I love all things fall: the food, fashion, festivities and football! The 4 Fs! You know I love me an alliteration! I can already envision myself sipping a pumpkin latte, eating a pumpkin bagel and baking lots of pumpkin treats! Don't get me wrong, I will still be enjoying my last month of summer! And being the first day of August today we are getting Pin-spired!!



I joined Mix and Match Mama, Pinterest Told Me To and The Larson Lingo for the first time last month for their Get Pin-spired linky party. They take an inspiration from Pinterest and recreate it using items from their own closet! Fantastic, right?! They are all absolutely adorable, so be sure to check out Shay's, Sheaffer's and Mel's fabulous looks today too!! Click here for a reminder of my July Pin-spired post.  Here are my August's looks!

Look #1:

My scarf is a little lighter, but it still has the same light, summery effect!

I decided to try pairing my summer scarf with a tank and shorts and have to say I totally loved it! Love love loved it!

I look pretty freakin' stylish, right?!;)  I feel like I may need to stand in this pose at all times!


Look #2:

I chose this second look because I have a scarf very similar to the one from the inspiration that I absolutely adore and was excited to try it with this look!



What I love about doing this post is that I pull things from the closet that I normally wouldn't have worn otherwise! 
I am already looking forward to some looks for next month! Fall scarves and boots are calling my name!

Head over to Paladino Picks for a vegetarian side dish recipe from my guest blogger and bestie, Gulia! 

Have a fabulous day:)

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! Stopping by from the link up! :)
    :) Rebecca
    www.caravansonnet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love summer scarves (except when it's 100 degrees)! Love the look with the yellow shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, 100 degrees! Definitely a little hot for a scarf:) It never gets that hot in Maine!

      Delete
  3. Katie, what great recreations!! I love the added scarf to the summery tank & shorts :)
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie! I love a scarf during the summer months! I thought you matched your looks to your inspiration perfectly! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the 2nd outfit!!!! SO, so, so cute! Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plaid scarves are great! I especially love the outfit with the pink tank and yellow shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great in all of your looks! love the yellow shorts!

    ReplyDelete