Welcome to my family blog! I am just a mom doing the best I can and enjoying every minute! Come along as I journey through my wonderful, simple, crazy life:)

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Beat the Heat: The Adventures of JCP


Yesterday was brutally hot, am I right?? The night before I worked at Maxwell's and let's just say it was a sauna!! We have no AC so tourists that come into the store are completely outraged baffled.  I try to explain that these days are extremely few and far in between, it's usually quite lovely on a summer day in the OP, but they still get all hot and bothered anyways(get it?? not funny?? Well I think so!)  Yesterday was the kind of day I imagine in the depths of winter!! You won't find me complaining.  Having said that, I won't lie, I did conjure up an image of snow yesterday.  This is why fall is my favorite season people, it's weather perfection in my opinion!! Anyways I digress.  How do I keep a 15 month old energetic animal boy cool??  I contemplated the beach, but mama was just too darn hot and tired to chase said boy across all corners of the sandy sanctuary.  So here is what we did instead!


We started off the morning on the back deck with our breakfast and coffees for mum & dad!  Joe played in his pool full of rainwater from the night before.  Great parenting right there huh??;) He had a blast.

But now I am wet mum and dad! 

I let him run around in just a diaper, and apparently he decided to give plumbing a shot.


When your grandparents have a pool, you pack up all your pool paraphanalia and head over PRONTO on an 80+ day! And so that is exactly what we did:)

Floating with my man slash working on my tan! I swear I am not naked, just a strapless suit--who needs tan lines??

Testing out the waters

Ooh a noodle??

Get this ridiculous hat off me mum!

Joe entertained himself on the deck for awhile, then we took a dip again and played some more.  We lasted two hours! I have such a sweet little boy! (I don't even deign to think of the demon my next child is sure to be!)

My sweet Grampy made me some lunch before we left! A yummy chicken salad sandwich, chips and an iced cold diet coke.  I NEVER drink soda, but this sure hit the spot! My grandparents are the most adorable creatures in the universe.  Joe and I enjoyed our time with them!


Chugging down some milk after a long afternoon nap:) 


We played outside before dinner.  Joe chugged down some water.  It's from the sink, I swear I didn't let him drink the rain water(although he did try!)


He missed his mouth numerous times and cooled himself off instead

My sweet boy right before bed time; relaxing and watching some Bubble Guppies with Woodsy(his bear).  Then it was a book, prayers and bed! Phewsh what a day, Joe fell right asleep:)

Mum then ventured out in the thunderstorm(if you know me at all you know that's dedication) to get some ice cream at Beal's! Hey! the parents need to stay cool too:)

Here's to a cooler day today!


No comments:

Post a Comment