Welcome to my family blog! I am just a mom doing the best I can and enjoying every minute! Come along as I journey through my wonderful, simple, crazy life:)

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bloggin about the Bestie

Tomorrow my best friend is guest posting for Beach Book Bonanza! I wanted to give you a little background of our dear friendship:)

When you grow up as close with your family as mine, most of your friends are  cousins and siblings!  Not to say I didn't have friends, but the long lasting ones have always been family.  I have always felt very blessed about that.  But I do indeed have a long lasting, like a sister, best friend in the world.  I met Gulia Muca our sophomore year of high school when she transferred from Massachusetts.  We didn't become friends immediately.  Gulia played soccer (barf) and I played field hockey so our paths didn't cross at first.  Not until I was moved in to her Geometry class and was serendipitously seated next to her that our friendship was forged.  I like to think it was because we both had friendly, outgoing personalities and we weren't afraid to be  silly and let's face it, weird.  We also both had big families and our siblings were all similar in age!  Even our moms became friends.  We both played lacrosse and led our team in lots of shenanigans.  We both were in similar clubs and led the school in numerous pep rallies.  We made up our own songs, created havoc and played practical jokes.  Our motto in high school was "People either love us or they hate us, but it's only because they want to be us."  Seriously, how horribly obnoxious were we?! But honestly I think our friendship became stronger and more significant after we graduated high school.  Even though I went to St. Joe's and Gulia went to Providence we were still as close as ever.  There was no one that ever took Gulia's place . We still talked often and visited each other frequently!   I sometimes considered PC like my second college, because there were times that I visited so often I felt like I belonged there.  We had some super crazy fun times in college.  Gulia and I haven't lived in the same state in about 10 years, yet we remain as close as ever.  She was a bridesmaid at my wedding and Joey will certainly call her Aunt Gulia.  We have a special bond I know is life lasting.  We never fight, we never judge each other and I think the most important thing about our friendship is we never compare ourselves to one another.  There has never been any sort of jealousy in our relationship.  We both have our own strengths and we have always celebrated each others' positive attributes without envy.  With both of our busy lives, we can go long periods of time without talking and then pick up right where we left off.  I feel lucky to have a friend who is loyal, and kind, who gives me sound advice and also allows me to live vicariously through her exciting and crazy life!  And we have had more of our fair share of boulvard walk life chats! I gained a whole second family when I met Gulia and feel lucky to know the Mucas:)
Here are some pics of Gulia and I through the years.  These are all post high school!  We were heinous in high school, I can't believe our mothers let us out of the house!












This is my all time favorite picture of Gulia and me!! It basically sums up our friendship, laughing our butts off!

Be sure to check out Paladino Picks tomorrow for Guls's recommendation!

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness....love love love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 - i think i took one of these pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you did!! Miss you Paul! Hope things are well:)

      Delete