Welcome to my family blog! I am just a mom doing the best I can and enjoying every minute! Come along as I journey through my wonderful, simple, crazy life:)

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Meet Andrew

I met Andrew during my senior year of college.  He was only a baby sophomore.  I know I am a cougar, huh;)  I had heard talk of this "Dino" character, but I had never met him.  Until a fateful Thursday night.  To say it was love at first sight, is super crazy corny, but there was something about him that genuinely peaked my interest!  We chatted and later in the night a dance-off ensued.  I know, shocking right??  At the time, I had a boyfriend so nothing really became of it.  I had a class with him, Phenomenology with Dr. Ludwig, and I would give him the wink in class.  We would see each other out and about on campus and flirt up a storm.  He was a completely unkempt almost grungy-like college guy with longish hair and totally not my typical style, but there was something utterly adorable about him.  When I was finally a single lady, I made my move.  Yes, I made the move.  Andrew is much better at hard to get than me.  I see something I want, and I have to have it;)  And the rest, as they say, is history:)


This is from the first night we met, post dance off, hence the sweaty faces:)
 
Things to know about Andrew
 
-He likes to think he is a "thug" but he is really a big softie.  Also, boys who wear polo shirts are not thugs.
-He is a great present giver.  For my college graduation he got me a diamond necklace! We had only been dating for two months, that's when I knew he was a keeper:)  For our first Christmas he got me a Coach purse and a Tiffany's bracelet.  I had never mentioned wanting either one of these things!! Over the years he has always surprised me with sweet, thoughtful gifts! 
-He is an amazing cook! Lucky gal, right?!  He makes homemade pasta sauce and meatballs! He also makes the best sandwiches!
-He is THE grill master.  Best burgers, steaks and chicken ever!  They come out to perfection, every darn time!
-He thinks he is a great dancer. Sorry babe, I mean you ARE a great dancer:)
-He is an incredibly hard worker, one of the things I admire most about him!
-He is super competitive! He NEVER loses.  Well sometimes he does:) I mean come on, he has me as a wife.
-He loves to golf
-He loves weird shows on the History Channel and the Discovery Channel (yawn)
-He is a big fan of spreadsheets.  BIG fan! Not just at work either. He makes spreadsheets at home.
-He is an awesome dad!
 
He is basically a big sweetheart!  I thank God every day for putting him in my life.   My life could have gone a totally different direction, and I am so blessed to have found Andrew:)

No comments:

Post a Comment