Welcome to my family blog! I am just a mom doing the best I can and enjoying every minute! Come along as I journey through my wonderful, simple, crazy life:)

Monday, July 15, 2013

Cead Mile Failte

Cead Mile Failte is an old Irish greeting that means 
"A hundred thousand welcomes." So Cead Mile Failte to my vacation blog post!


We just returned from our annual summer trip to Cape Cod and we had a blast!! I am exhausted from our late nights and non stop fun, sore from a obscene amount of dancing and have lost my voice from screaming singing at the top of my lungs to the fabulous music,  but once again I have taken away lasting memories:) This shirt was in the gift shop at the Irish Village and it basically sums up the trip!


I'm going to break up my recap of the trip over a couple posts because I have more than quite a few pictures, I know I know you're completely shocked!;). Here we go!

We packed up the car and headed out at 8:15. We stopped for bagels and coffee(can't start a road trip without coffee!) We were officially headed to the Cape! Andrew is trying to look like a thug, but we all know better:) Look how happy Joey looks.  Little did he know how long he was going to be stuck in that seat!

Here's my sweet boy after he grabbed my dress and used it as a blanket! Doesn't he look comfy cozy?? He was a cranky passenger until....

He fell asleep! But that lasted an hour:(

But he was all smiles with his wing tip nap hair and some snacks which missed his mouth! Oh and the continous 1:34 Bubble Guppies theme song You Tube video that I had to rewind over and over and over again:)

Woo entering Cape Cod! Not much longer. We made pretty good time. We didn't have to stop once! Surprising because I ALWAYS have to stop to pee, but I took one for the team and we made it in 3 1/2 hours! My family always stays at the Irish Village, but get this! Andrew's nana lives a mile down the road from where my family has vacationed all my life!! How crazy is that?? I like to think our kid selves may have bumped into each other at some point in our kid life! Clearly we were destined to marry:) This year we decided to stay at Nana Shea's and go back and forth between my family and Andrew's. Andrew's mom and sister came too and were super helpful with Joey! We were truly on vacation! They watched him for the whole four days!! Aren't we lucky?!


Nana Shea's house is on a lake. We took Joey down to show him.

But then we found a tick on his hand and I freaked! Back to the house we went! We never ventured down again, not that the weather allowed us too anyways!  


We basically spent the day getting settled in and grocery shopping for food and such.

Joe made himself comfortable.

And Andrew, Nana and I enjoyed happy hour. 

While playing a game of cribbage. I won:)

Then it was time to head over to the pub to meet up with my family for a night of live music. Usually the first night is pretty chill because Andy Cooney (the big performer we go to see) doesn't arrive until Friday. But this year, Thursday was bumpin!  I danced the night away:)


Annie and her best friend Sadie are my two favorite dance partners. I'm throwing this out there, but we brought it this weekend. There was no one that could touch our moves! Send it!

The sissys and I with Grampy! How adorable is he?!



My Grammie giving Jake an earful! Can only imagine what she's saying:)

We headed back early to rest up for the craziness ahead! Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment