Welcome to my family blog! I am just a mom doing the best I can and enjoying every minute! Come along as I journey through my wonderful, simple, crazy life:)

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sister Nights:)


Last night was sister night at the Paladino house.    I feel so incredibly lucky to be part of a family that is so close.  I am so blessed to be one of seven children! I remember growing up my mom would always say, "Be nice to each other, because you will always have your siblings."  Boy was she right! Growing up I had little sisters, now that I am an adult I have best friends.  It's weird how the older you get age doesn't matter.  When I was a senior in high school, my littlest sister was in 3rd grade!  Let's say back then we weren't hanging out all the time:)  Now that we are older I couldn't be luckier to be so close to my sisters.  When I got married and moved out, we decided that once a week we would have sister night.  So for the past three years, Moz(Moira but when I was little I couldn't say that so I called her Mozzy and it stuck!) and Annie come over and have dinner and we hang out.  When we first started we all were obsessed with One Tree Hill and so they would come over on Tuesdays and we would have dinner and watch the newest episode.  Sadly, OTH had its series finale last year.  We have recently started watch Friday Night Lights (I am obsessed and so I am making them rewatch the entire series with me, good news is that they are now obsessed as well!)  We basically just laugh the entire time.  I genuinely look forward to sister night each week.  I told the hubs when we got married that I never wanted to move out of Maine.  How could I ever leave my family??! He understands, kinda;)  When you marry a Foster, your marry the whole lot of us:)  We occasionally have guests join us because our family is so close that  the term sister extends out to our cousins as well as our brothers' girlfriends(thank goodness we love them both!).   I try to mix up the meals from time to time, but Annie has a gluten intolerance so I have to keep that in mind when I am making dinner.  Our go-to meal is usually some kind of pasta creation because it is something we all like and they make a gluten free pasta alterative.  Last night I made a corn and zucchini pasta in a ricotta parmesan cream sauce.  It was not our favorite. For dessert I made a really yummy banana peanut butter bundt cake, it was delish!  We ended our night ogling Tim Riggins and Matt Saracen (and we all secretly have crushes on Buddy Garrity, we love us some Buddy Garrity)! We also decided to talk in Southern accents because it is oh so fun.  Thanks y'all:)
 
 
 
Here is a horribly dark picture of us from last night.

                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment