Welcome to my family blog! I am just a mom doing the best I can and enjoying every minute! Come along as I journey through my wonderful, simple, crazy life:)

Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July Fun

Yesterday we had a wonderful 4th of July.  We spent the day at the beach. My Aunt Pam and Uncle Terry have a beach house and tons of family were there celebrating and enjoying the beautiful day.  Everyone brought something and we had a yummy BBQ.  It was the kind of day that makes me feel so lucky to have such a big, fun and crazy family!  I also feel incredibly lucky to live by the beach.  The sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky and the water was super warm.  Joey is so good at the beach.  He loves playing in the sand and he loves the water and with so many people around he was constantly entertained.  It was a fabulous day.  I snapped some photos to share.




I started by making a yummy breakfast. And don't forget the coffee.  Can't start the day without that:)

Joey is loving on Woodsy.  He had to come with us to the beach, obvi

I can't believe I didn't get a better picture of Joey and his Uncle Patch (my 13 year old brother) with their American flag bathing suits!

Playing in the sand.  Keeping cool under the huge tent like structure  That thing is clutch! There's my sweet little Grammie in the background!

Joey was having a heart to heart with Auntie Cols!  We were so happy to see her, she's visiting from New York and has a fancy fashion job there! We are so proud of her:)


Annie and me.  Never shy away from the camera. (I am sure Annie would hate this pic of herself because I didn't use a swanky filter--I lack camera skills, sorry girl!)



Snack time! Munching on some goldfish, his fav


My dear Dad took Joey for a long walk (over an hour!) and Andrew and I had some time to relax.  Here is Andrew probably catching up on his ESPN updates

Woodsy is taking a rest in the stroller.  The beach takes a lot out of an inanimate object!

Sweet little Sophia is sharing her strawberry pie with Joe, she loves baby Joey!

All the gals working on their tans

It was a long day, but we are still going strong on the way home!

Joey had a blast at the beach! He's all smiles.  I love this kid!

Sweet boy wanted to cool off in the pool when we got home!

And his parents wanted to take a selfie, Andrew is always a goof in pics

Someone's tuckered right out!



I for some reason did not take any pictures of all the fabulous food we ate!  Tons of yummy salads, steaks and burgers.  It was absolutely delish! Want to see what I brought?? Head over to Paladino Picks for the recipe!

Have a happy weekend! Stay cool:)


1 comment:

  1. Such lovely photos! It looks like you had a great and fun 4th! :)

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete