Welcome to my family blog! I am just a mom doing the best I can and enjoying every minute! Come along as I journey through my wonderful, simple, crazy life:)

Monday, July 15, 2013

Cape Cod Day 2

Good morning Day 2!  I started my morning with cup of coffee and this gorgeous view!  The only thing missing is the sun:( Boo!



Andrew and I went for a long morning walk!  We walked to the Christmas Tree Shop in search of a float for Joey.  I also happened to find an adorable pair of flip flops!  Then we walked to the Irish Village to check in with my family.  They were just finishing breakfast and then heading to the pool.  We scooted home to get ready and join them!

All the girlies were still trying to work on their tans, despite the lack of sun.  And I have no clue what Annie is doing there on the end.  Possibly trying to tan her armpit??

Chatting it up with Sadie, Samm and Mol


Joey found the perfect spot and some new toys, a cell phone and coach wristlet!  We hung out at the pool for a couple hours.  Then Andrew abandoned us and headed out with all the boys to ride some Go Karts.  I took Joey home to nap and I rested myself up for the BIG night of dancing.



We headed back to the pub for dinner at around 6:15.  We sat with these two beauties.  We had the best table, the four of us didn't stop laughing the whole time!


Andrew and I:)

This was my meal! I got the herb crusted salmon(so yum!) and colcannon.  Colcannon is traditional Irish dish made from mashed potatoes and kale (or cabbage), milk, butter,salt and pepper.  It is SO good! I love it!


We asked our waiter if we could take a picture with him for my blog!  He was the most shy and awkward boy ever, yet he readily agreed and even ran to get his tray so he would look more official! So presh:)



At about 8:45 the dancing started.  My Grammie and Grampy were among the first to hit the dance floor!  SO adorable!


Here is a picture of Andrew dancing with his Nana!  Even she came down for a little while!  How handsome does Andrew look in this picture??;)


And the fun has begun...

Blurry picture of Moira and I dancing with my dad! But that basically sums up the night for most of my family;)

Let's just say we danced up a storm!  I was sweating my butt off!  I had to take a shower when I got home.  Our family basically owned the dance floor.  This did not go over well with everyone present.  We got some major dirty looks.  Sorry, people, we know how to have fun!



Wish I got more pictures of night 2, but I was on the dance floor so much and I was wearing a dress so I left my phone at the table most of the night!  On a side note: strapless dress and dancing do NOT mix.  I kept this in mind for the following night.  Keep reading for more updates tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment