Welcome to my family blog! I am just a mom doing the best I can and enjoying every minute! Come along as I journey through my wonderful, simple, crazy life:)

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Meet Woodsy


Growing up I never had a stuffed animal or a blankie or any other item that I was extremely attached to that made it steadfastly through my youth into adulthood with all its wear and tear having been so loved.  I just didn't.  It kinda makes me sad.  I love when people still have their childhood loveys.  Oddly or maybe embarrassingly enough, I started sleeping with a stuffed animal in college.  It was the coziest stuffed animal ever and I named him, Henry, and I slept with him every night.  However, Henry was a gift from an old boyfriend and then it just got weird, so I forced hinted that Andrew should buy me a new one for Christmas and that is when Evan R. Lawson came into my life(I have a weird habit of naming inanimate objects).  I called him Ev.  My sister Annie adopted the beloved Henry and still sleeps with him to this day!   Alas, when I became hugely pregnant there was no more room for Ev in bed with me anymore, and so he now resides on the shelf in Joey's room.  Anyways that is not the reason for this post!  Joey has a lovey!  Honestly, I tried to force one on him when he was really little.  It was this adorable little lovey blanket giraffe.  I named him Gerald after the giraffe from Joey's favorite book (or my favorite book to read to Joey).  I literally tried to get that kid to love on Gerald everyday!  It wasn't happening.  I finally resigned myself to the fact that Joey took no comfort in inanimate objects.  UNTIL he started grabbing for this adorable little bear that Annie had bought him when he was born.  He drags that thing everywhere.  The name on his tag was Woods, too boring I thought so I added a y and Woodsy was born!  Joey sleeps with him every night and drags him around everywhere.  Woodsy has been to the grocery store, Funtown, the beach.  Let's just say with a germaphobic mother, Woodsy has seen the wash machine more times that he can count:)  I hope Woodsy will make it into Joey's suitcase when we pack him up for college, my husband does not:)

Here's Woodsy riding Joe's motorcycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment